Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Free Stranded Knitting Bag for Fair Isle Knitters

The design for this bag came about the first day I began a Dale of Norway Ski sweater for my son. Picture it! One ball of yarn dangling off the right side of my lap, the other off the left side, and the phone rings. I leap out of the chair. Oops! I'm imprisoned on both sides. Now, what do I do? Put the work over my head or under my feet? It was frustrating , to say the least. I knew there had to be a better way. So this is my humble offering.

In the pictures below, you can see that the yarns are in individual pockets on the outside of the bag. The center of the bag actually opens up flat and lays on your lap. You can customized the lap panel with a place for pattern, scissors, note pad, pencil, and various other helpful items. The interior of the pockets can also be lined with silk, making your yarns roll smoothly.

So.......,when the phone rings, you simply grab the draw strings on each side of the lap panel, give a little tug, and watch the bag closes around your work, leaving your yarns in place, ready for you to begin again. I have also designed a place for a snap fastener, providing a more permanent closure. It works for me. I hope it will work for you.

To view more details and free Stranded Knitting Bag instructions here.



No comments:

Post a Comment